OOF2: The Manual
OOF.Skeleton.New — Create a new Skeleton in a Microstructure.
- Parent Menu: OOF.Skeleton
- Name of the new skeleton. Type: A character string not containing ':', or the variable
- Type: The path to an existing
- No. of elements in the x-direction. Type: Integer.
- No. of elements in the y-direction. Type: Integer.
- The shape of the elements. Type: An object of the
This command creates a new
Skeleton in a
Microstructure. The new
has the same height and width as the
Microstructure. It's divided into a
array of elements.
Since the mesh can be refined and otherwise
choosing the optimal values of
y_elements is not crucial, but it helps to
start with reasonable values. They should be set so that the
element size is smaller than the largest
features that need to be resolved in the
Microstructure. (In the end,
every feature in the
Microstructure should contain at least a few
elements. Having many more elements is inefficient. Starting
with very large elements and refining all of them is less
efficient than starting with smaller elements and refining some of
skeleton_geometry parameter determines
whether the elements will be quadrilateral or triangular, and if
triangular, how the diagonals will be arranged. Figure 6.54 illustrates the possibilities.