"Defintions of Terms for diffusion in the solid state (IUPAC Recommendations 1999)" pdf.file
Experimental work on Multicomponent Diffusion Couples
- "Examination of Multicomponent Diffusion between Two Ni-Base Superalloys" pdf file
- "Interdiffusion between Ni-based superalloy and MCrAlY coating" pdf file
- Carol, "A Study of Interdiffusion in β + γ/γ+γ' Ni-Cr-Al Alloys at 1200 C," NASA Contractor Report 174852, Feb., 1985. pdf file
- M. Mantina, Y. Wang, R. Arroyave, C. Wolverton, L.-Q. Chen, Z.-K. Liu, "First principles calculations of self-diffusion coefficients," Physical Review Letters 100 2008, p. 215901.
- A. Van der Ven and G. Ceder, "Calculation of the Interdiffusion Coefficient in Binary Alloys," Phys. Rev. Let. 94 2005, p. 045901.
- A.Janotti, M. Kremar, C. L. Fu and R. C. Reed, "Solute Diffusion in Metals: Larger Atoms Can Move Faster," Phys. Rev. Let. 92 2004, p. 085901.
DICTRA (Diffusion Control Transformations)
- Jan-Olof Anderssson and John Ågren, "Models for numerical treatment of multicomponent
diffusion," J. Appl. Phys. 72 (1992) p. 1350.
- "Henrik Larsson and Anders Engström, "A homogenization approach to diffusion simulations applied to α+γ Fe-Cr-Ni diffusion couples," Acta Mater. 54 (2006) p 2431-2439. pdf file
- "Hillert, Höglund, and Ågren, "Diffusion in interstitial compounds with thermal and stoichiometric defects," J. Appl. Phys. 98 (2005). pdf file
Diffusion in Order Phases
- T. Helander and J. Agren, "A Phenomenological Treatment of Diffusion in Al-Fe and
Al-Ni Alloys Having B2-BCC Ordered Structure," Acta Metall. 47
- T. Helander and J. Agren, "Diffusion in the B2-BCC Phase of the Al-Fe-Ni System---
Application of the a Phenomenological Model," Acta Metall. 47
(1999) p. 3291
Experimental Analysis: Inverse Methods
- M. A. Dayananda, "Multicomponent Diffusion Studies in Selected High-temperature Alloy Systems," Materials Sci.&Eng. A121 (1989) 351.
- M. A. Dayananda, "Average Effective Interdiffusion Coefficients and the Matano Plane Composition," Metall. Mater. Trans 27A (1996) 2504.
- M. A. Dayananda and Y. H. Sohn, "Average Effective Interdiffusion on Coefficients and Their Applications for Isothermal Multicomponent Diffusion Couples," Scripta Mater. 35 (1996) 684.
- M. A. Dayananda and Y. H. Sohn, "A New Analysis for the Determination of Ternary Interdiffusion Coefficients from a Single Diffusion Couple," Metall. Mater. Trans. 30A (1999) 535.
- M. S. Thompson and J. E. Morral, "The Effect of Composition on Interdiffusion in Ternary Alloys" Acta Metall. 34 (1986) 339.
- M. S. Thompson and J. E. Morral, "Predicting the Occurrence of Zero Flux Planes," Metall. Trans. 18A (1987) 1565.
- M. S. Thompson, J. E. Morral, and A. D. Romig, Jr., "Applications of the Square Root Diffusion in Ni-Al-Cr Alloys" Metall. Trans. 21A (1990) 2679.
- E. Wimmer, W. Wolf, J. Sticht, P. Saxe, C. B. Geller, "Temperature-dependent diffusion coefficients from ab initio computations: Hydrogen, deuterium, and tritium in nickel," Phys. Rev. B. 77 , 2008, p. 134305.
- J. Cermak, L. Kral, "Hydrogen diffusion in Mg-H and Mg-Ni-H alloys," Acta Mater. 2008 in press.